Friday, July 17, 2009

Last Day in Cape Town

Today, we didn't have any planned performances, so we just worked with the local members. Mie was teaching them to stretch and to do "One Girl Revolution," which they already were trying to learn. Kensei was teaching the boys how to breakdance and do the sound.

This evening, I had an interview with South African TV, on the South Africa International program. There was only a satellite facility here, so it was me, one technician, and a makeup artist. I had to pretend I could speak to the interviewer who was in Johannesburg, but I was just staring at a blank camera!

The earpiece fell out of my ear several times, but it basically went fine. Sun Jae was there so he filmed the whole thing, so that's the only way we could see it! Try to see if you can get it over the internet on South African Broadcast channel (international.)

We shared with all the parents tonight, and they were very deeply attentive. There are a lot of very skilled people here, and Kumi and Safi really have the right heart to do this.

We go back to Jo-burg tomorrow (very early flight again) and then to Lesotho by van.

Very intense schedules. I think we've done 13 performances so far.

Much love,
Aunt Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment